Website Collins Aerospace
Collins Aerospace is looking for Manufacturing Engineer II to support the delivery of Airbus A320 aircraft technology. This professional will optimize the performance of a wide range of tasks to facilitate assembly operations, production and business unit objectives. This will include designing and arranging machines, tooling, and sequence of operations and making sure that mandatory modifications are incorporated to ensure configuration compliance and to improve efficiency.
The position is onsite at our Foley, AL facility. Relocation assistance is available.
- Ensures sequence on manufacturing process and product builds, is followed and complies with EH&S and Quality requirements.
- Owns design and arrangement of tooling and machines of the manufacturing process (layout)
- Improve manufacturing processes/ products to achieve producibility working with design engineers.
- Implement process upgrades by applying various engineering applications such as: robotics and automation.
- Identify opportunities on drawings and specs to influence changes to engineering designs and line balancing,
Participate in tool design reviews to ensure tools are feasible and reduce build times and program costs during fabrication.
- Uses data analytics / SPC for productivity, First Pass Yield and OEE targets and improvement.
- Drive problem solving initiatives & challenge status QUO (C/A Investigations, OEE, FPY, Customer escapes)
Participates and contributes on PFMEA and Control Plans.
- Owns creation and maintains manufacturing process documents (routings, BOM, Visual aids, Std work, etc).
- Participate on digital manufacturing solutions with support from Digital subject matter experts
- Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations. OR
- In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and engineering drawings/models.
- Ability to demonstrate adaptation of machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- Read, write, speak and understand work instructions both verbal and written, perform basic math calculations and conduct self-inspection / audit.
- Demonstrated experience in application of Lean, through Continuous Improvement events.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and manage resources along with effective time management and organizational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience of various operation software and MS Office software.
- Experience in robotics and automation.
- Experience in Six Sigma/Red X.
- Understanding of Project Management methods.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Advanced Structures team leverages advanced materials and additive manufacturing to develop complex interior and exterior solutions. These solutions ensure structural integrity of the aircraft, help aircraft take off and land, stay trim in the air, move forward, carry cargo and conduct rescues. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Tuition reimbursement program
Student Loan Repayment Program
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.).
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.