Website Collins Aerospace
Collins Aerospace is looking to fill several Mechanical Assembler I positions that will support the manufacturing of our Airbus A320 aircraft technology. You will have the opportunity to build critical components that make flying possible and safe for you, your loved ones, and for travelers around the world. If you have mechanical skills, consider joining our team.
These positions are onsite at our Foley, AL facility. Relocation assistance is available.
- Assemble, rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes.
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
- Maintain inventory of product in workstations.
- Perform quality work checks, identify product defects and record identified defects.
- Participate in compliance inspection continuous improvement (CI) activities.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Drill holes, install fasteners, rout and trim parts. and apply primers and sealants.
- Safely perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or AA/AS degree OR
- Other 2-year post high school training OR
- In absence of a diploma or degree, must have 2 years of relevant manufacturing, assembly, and/or construction / facilities experience.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder.
- Lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Able to work in a standing position up to 8 hours per day.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams and engineering drawings to assemble equipment.
- Experience with any of the following: hand tools, electrical tools, hand cutters, measuring equipment and light equipment.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Advanced Structures team leverages advanced materials and additive manufacturing to develop complex interior and exterior solutions. These solutions ensure structural integrity of the aircraft, help aircraft take off and land, stay trim in the air, move forward, carry cargo and conduct rescues. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime
- Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.).
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year.
You must sign in to apply for this position.