Website Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism
Destination Marketing Digital Operations Specialist
TITLE: Digital Operations Specialist
REPORTS TO: Digital Operations Manager
Serves as technical lead for CVB websites, including SEO, website development and maintenance. Develops email marketing strategy and oversees automation and customization. Applies high-level knowledge of web development, maintenance, Google Analytics, and online usability, testing and functionality. Engages with digital and social partner agencies for site development and support, and in execution of digital plans.
College degree, certification or equivalent experience in communications or digital marketing required.
3 years’ experience with account development and strategies for websites and social media, SEO, content upload and email marketing programs. Supervision of partner agencies desired.
A working knowledge of CRM databases and email marketing platforms preferred.
Web development, HTML, and social account management required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Experience with analytics platforms, Google Analytics, GA4, digital advertising tracking and Looker Studio preferred.
Working in a team environment, interpreting verbal and written communications and project management are essential.
Must be highly organized, analytical and detail oriented to problem solve simultaneous projects with multiple deadlines. Is a self-starter who works well individually or in groups, possesses good time management skills, works with minimal supervision.
Ability to monitor trends in marketing, digital promotion and social media.
1. Carries out site development, testing and content upload and assists in analytic reporting and management.
2. Maintains CVB standards in design, layout, typography, and appearance across all mediums.
3. Coordinates and provides internet, marketing operations and special project support to VP of Marketing, Digital Operations Manager, Communications Manager, Content Specialist and President/CEO
4. Oversees ActOn platform driving strategy, automation and optimization of content distribution campaigns based on performance.
5. Works with Digital Operations Manager and Content Specialist to build, test and update email databases, establish email automation and drip campaigns, develop subscriber lists and newsletter archives; optimizes email frequency; creates email communications.
6. Acts as key technical lead for all digital partner relationships. Interfaces with each partner as needed on web, SEO, email, and social development projects and for maintenance, project and phase updates, new project plans, functionality, and usability issues, testing and approvals.
7. Researches and monitors online website development trends, site search and device usage trends and ways to impact usability and functionality to ensure skill sets remain current. Pursues professional development activities to update, grow and mature skill sets.
8. Tests email templates, links, forms, attachments, and segmentation to ensure usability and increase open rates; analyzes and distributes email reports and makes improvement recommendations.
9. Tests new content, web pages and components.
Analyzes GA4 and Google Analytics data to gain insights and actions. Develops and maintains Looker Studio and SimpleView dashboards.
Holds regular status update meetings with supervisor.
Ability to communicate effectively, manipulate data, perform operational tasks, and operate office equipment.
Ability to lift 35 pounds.
Have dependable transportation and a current driver’s license.
Flexibility to carry out responsibilities on evenings, weekends, holidays, and to travel as needed.
Three months after hire (probation period), then annually.
Participation in regular departmental meetings, client services meetings and agency project meetings will be required as needed. All important touch points will be asked for input annually on the relationship management of their business with the CVB Communications Department by the incumbent in this position.
You must sign in to apply for this position.