Website Vulcan, Inc.
METAL STAMPINGS PRESS OPERATOR:
The purpose of the GPW Press Operator is to ensure the continual operation of the plant pressing processes through effective stamping, collection and transporting of customer orders. Based on business and customer needs, you may be reassigned from time to time to perform a different job. If so, you will be required to meet the job requirements in the job description for that specific job.
1. Facilitates the completion of daily plant production goals by operating the manufacturing equipment based on the directions provided by Supervisors/Leads and the specifications detailed in the manufacturing orders.
2. Continually monitors the operation of the manufacturing equipment looking for and listening for any problems or issues that could pose a potential hazard or interrupt the production process.
3. Places completed stamped products into the corresponding storage bin and includes a copy of the manufacturing order on top of the bin and transports it to the shipping area for a final quality inspection.
4. Performs minor trouble shooting on stamping machines which includes the visual inspection of parts, placing of the dies and the status of all safety devices and reports any problems to the Die Specialist or Superintendent.
5. Collects and places all pieces of scrap metal and defective stamps into the corresponding bin so it can be transported to the designated location for recycling and when applicable reuse.
6. Ensures that all work areas are clean and free of any debris that can interfere in the production process or that could potentially cause a hazard for individuals in the Plant.
7. Maintains communication with the Plant Superintendent, Die Specialist and Material Handlers regarding the status of stamping production activities and any changes or updates that may be required.
8. Provides backup support to other Stamping Operators, Assemblers and Shipping performing their functions effectively as needed or required ensuring that all applicable safety protocols are followed.
9. Ensures that all required paperwork and reports are completed and submitted based on established protocol.
1. Ability to read and comprehend applicable part prints and similar schematics.
2. Ability to read and follow complex production orders and understand applicable trouble shooting practices.
3. Ability to utilize heavy equipment based on established protocols and job related needs.
4. Knowledge and ability to use precise tools such as calipers, micrometers, and other measuring devices.
5. Up to (1) one year of related job experience in a similar manufacturing setting preferred.
You must sign in to apply for this position.