Website Vulcan, Inc.
Sales Manager- Vulcan Signs
The Sales Manager is responsible for support and training of the Inside and Outside Sales Reps while achieving sales volume and profitability objectives by growing business with established customers and expanding the customer base in the assigned territory. The Sales Manager is responsible for an annual sales plan for the assigned territory and forecasting annual and quarterly sales goals for the organization. This position is also accountable for ensuring customer satisfaction and managing customer issues when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collaborates with senior managers to establish and execute a sales goal for the territory.
2. Forecasts annual and quarterly sales goals for Plant 3.
3. Trains sales team to improve product knowledge and help the other sales people develop strategies to grow sales within their respective territory.
4. Meets with key clients, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
5. Participates in industry associations as a Vulcan Signs representative.
6. Sells Vulcan Sign products to existing customer in the assigned territory and develops new customers through prospecting, qualifying and demonstrating the benefits of our products.
7. Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
8. Reviews analyses of sales activities, marketing costs, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
9. Prepares sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion, delivers sales presentations to key clients and assists with the creation of market strategies.
10. Maintains profit margins at determined percentage over given time period.
11. Continually updates project activity logs regarding all sales activities whether internal or external so it can be utilized to inform various departments about current events in the sales activities at Vulcan.
12. Develops a sales strategy plan in conjunction with company business plan that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability. Makes these recommendations to the General Manager for final approval of implementation.
13. Maintains continual awareness of current business trends, available products, profit margins and other applicable information to assist in staying competitive in the market, obtaining new customers and retaining existing ones.
14. Ensures the continual adherence and compliance with all applicable safety protocols and procedures.
15. Exercises independent judgment and discretion within the assigned job function.
16. Performs additional job related and/or non-job related functions when needed or requested.
17.Participates in outside sales activities like networking opportunities, attending trade shows, industry events or seminars and calling on all potential new customers ensuring all leads are followed up on promptly. Approximately 50-60% travelling is required.
5 years of sales experience with a Bachelors Degree in business or marketing related field of study.
Ability to apply learned techniques and principles that are needed to develop and generate new customer leads while maintaining.
You must sign in to apply for this position.